If you are in lockdown, this episode is for you!
It is probably different depending on what state you are in, but in NSW while we are still allowed to get outside for exercise (yay!) we do have to stay within our own suburb or postcode. So while it's fine to drive to somewhere in your suburb to start your run if there's a park or trail you like, that's not okay if it's outside of your suburb.
I usually split my runs between home and the flatter runs down the hill one or two suburbs away. But for the last few weeks, I've been sticking to just being at home. Which does have a few training challenges. So this week, I'm talking all about the changes you can make to your sessions when you are limited as to terrain - whether you are living somewhere that is all hills (me!), or can't get access to hills or are missing out on your usual trail running.
Would you like your question answered?
Interested in Learn to Run?
Our next session starts on the 4th of May, but you can register now and start going through the preparatory program so you can hit the ground running (pun intended!) The program includes:
- Your choice of various weekly programs ranging from absolute beginner to someone who is looking for a 5km PB
- Your workouts adjusted as needed so they aren't too challenging or too easy
- Weekly email or message check-ins with me
- Weekly emails on additional things to support your running like breathing, technique, mindset and injury prevention
- A supportive, private group
- Two strength sessions per week that you can do from home with no gym equipment
Check out Run Club and the Operation Move Sisterhood
Our amazing community includes:
- Plans from 5km to Marathon from Beginner to Advanced
- Weekly workouts for when you are in between plans, or just to spice up your week
- A private facebook community
- Access to coaches for all your questions
- And most importantly - the most supportive community you can imagine!
You can sign up here.
Support the podcast, so we can make more and get access to bonus episodes!
You can support Operation Move and the podcast on Patreon. I am so grateful for your support! Stay up to date on: