Or how you can manipulate data to sell the story you want . . .
Strava released data from surveying 25,0000 runners. You can see their visualisation of that data here.
And I probably would have just looked at it and thought hey, that's pretty cool but then every media outlet across the globe started running their story which was basically "LOOK. Runners hate running too!"
And as clickable a headline as that it is it's not really true.
The less exciting version is that runners love to run, and they tolerate a bunch of stuff that they don't always love, all the time because they love it - and overall there is very little that they actually hate.
So this week, I talk a bit about the toxic nature of normalising love-hate relationships with exercise and movement.
Would you like your question answered?
Check out Run Club and the Operation Move Sisterhood
Our amazing community includes:
- Plans from 5km to Marathon from Beginner to Advanced
- Weekly workouts for when you are in between plans, or just to spice up your week
- A private facebook community
- Access to coaches for all your questions
- And most importantly - the most supportive community you can imagine!
You can sign up here.
Support the podcast, so we can make more and get access to bonus episodes!
You can support Operation Move and the podcast on Patreon. I am so grateful for your support! Stay up to date on: