June 29, 2016
All the Questions!
This week Katie is away, so Zoey asked for some questions from the community:
- What about "race day bag" check?
- Some hot tips on how you pushed through at the start of your journey when every run hurt like hell because of being overweight?
- Mindset of coming back from injury/dealing with boring rehab
- You are someone who avoids injury on the whole. So what is your magic anti-injury sauce?
- How do you get out the door when your run buddy cancels? Or podcast mate travels?
- I'm someone that likes to think I can handle most things. So when the wheels start to come off, I just bury my head and go into denial. Any tips for the stubborn/headstrong/denialists on facing vulnerability and ASKING FOR HELP???
- Coming back from injury & staying motivated 👍. Calf Strains have knocked me around..., maybe what services you use?
- Maybe something about stigmas of a body type for runners?
- How about something to do with how to maintain stamina and endurance? How to leave some in the tank for that last km for short runs or 3 for half marathons. I always feel I fall short at the finish line.
- Treadmill running during wet winter days!
- What do you do once the first half is done - another half? A full? It seems such a waste to let all this awesome fitness go.
And a reminder: if you want to train with us for the Melbourne Marathon Festival (or another October run) you can grab early bird rates for our next training group!